What is your favourite to least favourite overall experience with each of the Pokemon generations and why ? : pokémon go

This includes everything to do with the generation, so also including anime, competitive, tcg and anything else that added or subtracted from your overall experience with the generation. Remakes and spin-offs count as part of the generation they were introduced in.

Just want to see how other people experienced the gens and what made them like or dislike them:)

For those who care, here's my thoughts with probably too much of an explanation:

 

1) Gen 7

Sun Moon were the first two games where I followed the release and hype built up around it, and got on release (despite being a week late). It was so much fun interacting with the Pokemon community buzzing and reading into the game mechanics and coming up with awesome competitive teams. It is also the first generation where I have followed the Smogon Tournaments and joined discord communities around competitive and got reasonably good at team-building and battling, while making great friends in the process. The games also felt the most immersive, with a beautiful region and environment to explore, a fun story line thats just fun and not trying to be edgy or anything, and a great anime to go along.

 

2) Gen 4

I started with Platinum after playing Gold and Red on Gameboy and was finally at an age where I understood what was going on in the game. The tv anime, though now looking back was bad, complimented the game amazingly, and I moved to a boarding school where I finally had friends who played Pokemon, and both Sinnoh and the vast region of Johto were amazing to explore and tell each other secrets of Legends. HGSS was also an amazing addition as I grew up playing Gold.

 

3) Gen 6

Although XY / ORAS weren't the best games, this is the Gen that properly introduced me to competitive battling and breeding/collecting. The graphics boost and the introduction of Megas were also really great features; one adding really interesting competitive mechanics while the other made the whole world feel so much more real. And while the anime was a real miss for me, its also the first time I started joining online communities for anything, and got chance to talk to people with the same passion, while all my irl friends dropped the series.

 

4) Gen 2

Grew up playing Gold, loved it, loved the pixel art and my first proper experience with the franchise as a whole. Very nostalgia based

 

5) Gen 1

While playing Gold I also owned a copy of Red, and remember choosing Bulbasaur because the back sprite of Ivysaur looked like a scorpion and I liked scorpions (???).

 

6) Gen 5

All my friends were bored of the series at this point, and anyone else who played started to get bullied for it as it was thought of as a kids game, well they got a point. It didn't help that bw forced you to use only Gen5 Pokemon, I hated all the staters, a lot of the Pokemon that Gen were really hit or miss, with the classics like Ice Cream and Garbage, but I also dislike Haxorus a lot and Jellicent, Gothitelle and the Swords bar Keldeo. Krookodile, Reuniclus, Genesect, LandoT, Whimsicott, Maractus were major hits with designs though. I think I can sort out all the Gens Pokemon into either Love or Hate category, with only a few in average.

 

7) Gen 3

I kinda skipped Gen3 and went to Gen4 when I bought Platinum. I ended up getting Sapphire, but it wasn't anything impressive at the time to me



Submitted August 11, 2018 at 09:55PM by ICountSheeptoSleep https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/96jctp/what_is_your_favourite_to_least_favourite_overall/?utm_source=ifttt

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram