As a long-time player, I think that Pokemon have Battles become more daunting to approach than ever. What about newer audiences? And what can be done going forward? : pokémon go

One concern that I've seen arise in the discussion of Let's Go is maintaining the potential audience that could migrate over. Especially when Let's Go itself is so simplified. Going from such a version of Kanto to a regular game with all of its deceptive complexities and features might just turn those players right back to where they came from.

Speaking for myself, I've honestly been...Exhausted with how much there is to keep up with. Things like EV Training, Egg Moves, IVs...Preparation that goes ahead of Battle, isn't much of a problem anymore. To me it can be pretty fun, at least in XYORAS where you have lots of features in place to make it all run smoother. Super Training, Hordes, the DexNav, character rematches, etc. It isn't perfect, but they've made more of an effort with create transparency here.

When it comes to getting out there though, getting into Battles with people (in general, not necessarily referring to VGC or Smogon), the influx of new toys and gimmicks being introduced keeps me on my toes so much that I just want to sit down. I did like Mega Evolution as a concept, the idea that you have this one guy in the back as a sort of ace in the hole. But then we got Primals, and you can have both on the same team, on top of a Mega. More 'mons who didn't really need Megas to excel ended up getting them, and Ray in particular completel shattered the Meta. Z-Moves were made so that 'every Pokemon can participate', but that also means that more Pokemon who didn't need more toys now have them. There are Ultra Beasts with ludicrous stats and Moxie style Boosts in tandem. Tapus with their Terrain, which can have its time extended by a new item. More mid-battle power ups like Perfect Zygarde and Ultra Necrozma. It feels not just imbalanced, but also bloated. And I have almost no doubt that they'll give us something similar in Gen 8. Another major, game defining thing as a selling point, as these other new features seem to have been as of late.

Changes to the existing Battle system have been a major source of grief lately, but I wouldn't be opposed to trimming some fat or...Something. I don't know what exactly I would do...But that's why I pose the question to all of you (ツ)_/¯

Of course, maybe this train just has no brakes.



Submitted August 11, 2018 at 10:42PM by BLADE_Pathfinder https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/96jpc2/as_a_longtime_player_i_think_that_pokemon_have/?utm_source=ifttt

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram